Watch BB16!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Derrick's Grandfather Passes Away :(

It's another heartbreaking night in the BB16 house. At 7:46pm BBT, the live feeds came back on and Derrick was seen crying in the Have Not's Room, as the other houseguests made their way from the HOH room to the living room.

Derrick was informed tonight that his grandfather had passed away today. :( 

7:46pm BBT:
Quad Cam

The houseguests took turns reading the letter Derrick received from home about the news.
Derrick comes out...
Frankie offers his sincerest condolences, just having went through this all too recently.

Derrick: "I gotta go (in the D.R.) and do this thing right quick. I'll be back." (*He went to video tape a message to his family that will be played at the funeral on Sunday.)


7:55pm BBT:
Derrick comes out of the Diary Room.
Derrick: "Talk about about timing, huh? Crazy. Crazy, buddy."

Frankie hugs him again, this time for much longer.
Derrick: "Thanks, buddy. Appreciate it. Appreciate all of you. It is what it is, right? Part of life. Timing is terrible, no?"
Frankie: "Unbelievable."

Frankie goes into the D.R.

(*Later, he explains to Derrick that he went to see if he can trade places with Derrick as a Have Not so he didn't have to be on during his grieving. D.R. said they'll let him know.)

Derrick: "I know my dad's a mess right now, I just know it. I knew it, too. When I came downstairs..."

When asked, Derrick says his grandfather was not sick prior to him going on Big Brother. He was 86 yrs old and lived in an assisted living home with his wife (Derrick's grandmother). 

For about 20 mins, this was what the feeds looked like:





The silence in that house, was deafening.
It was gut-wrenching to watch. 

My sincerest condolences goes out to Derrick's family on their loss. :'(

Stay tuned...
~*Support the Blog with a Donation!*~
|

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is turning out to be an incredibly sad season :(

Christi said...

So sad

Unknown said...

It really is. :(

Unknown said...

When I first read what you posted, I had to reread it a couple of times. It's unbelievable. So sad. This is just weird.

Unknown said...

Nicole is my boyfriend's cousin. Her father is 1 of 12 children. The oldest child died in a car accident right before the show started. I haven't asked many questions about if she was told or not but I know her grandmother is taking it hard. I wish all the families the best.

Contact Me © Copyright BecauseYoureAddicted.com, 2013. All rights reserved. No images and/or any content on this blog are allowed to be used and/or distributed in any context.